Friday, October 17, 2014

The Storm

We left Thousand Trails Lake Conroe on Monday. Driving down I-45 south, we hit  rain. It was raining so hard I had to slow down to about 45 MPH, by the time we hit I-10 going west the wind was blowing about 40-50 MPH straight out of the north and the rain was intense.

We finally made it to Thousand Trails Colorado River. The rain and wind had stopped, so we unhooked the Jeep and headed for our site.PA150257

As soon as we got here  the deer moved in PA150275PA130255

Wednesday we woke to 49 degrees, I had to turn the heat on for the first time this season, but it warmed up about an hour later and we had to switch back to AC…..Got to love Texas weather.

Thursday was a great day. Janice and Dave came over for a fish fry. Janice’s uncle had given her some fish that he had caught and cleaned. Janice and Debi brought out their induction cook tops and fried fish, potato chips and onion straws, everything was delicious.

Later on, Debi and I were sitting and talking about camera’s, and we decided we needed a better one than the ones we had, so at about 6:30 we decided to take a 56 mile drive to Katy Tx to visit Best Buy. We checked out a few camera’s and settled on a Nikon P-600. We will get some pictures when the deer start moving and will post them later.

Until Later….Happy RVing  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. Come back often for updates